Thursday 21 August 2014

Ned Carey Reviews Of Dave Lindahl



Wholesaler from Baltimore, Maryland

I have seen many gurus but the reason I was attracted to Lindahl is because of the knowledge he gives you.

I think Dave Lindahl is one of the better GURUs. He does give good information. 
 
What I liked about the Lindahl programs is mainly the deal analysis tools he gives (and I heard in the boot camps that he does case studies of actual properties) and I like the contracts he gives. Are these really as great as I think they are?

Dave has a decent deal analysis tool. (More below). Yes he does case studies in his boot camp. He also has decent contracts. His Letter of Intent as I remember was very good. However any contract to purchase commercial property is worthless. You should not use a pre-made contract. An attorney that specializes in commercial property should create one specific to your deal. 

Ned, since your partner has gone to the boot camps and I am assuming has the courses, has you or your partner used any of the forms or analysis tools?

Yes we have used his analysis tools. I feel the CCIM spreadsheets are better as they do a better job with multi-year calculations and internal rate of return. Dave's sheets do not calculate IRR unless he has added it recently. 

One think Dave does better than most is he gives you typical numbers for expenses. Many deals you will look at will look like great deals only because they have fudged the expenses. Knowing what they should be is a big help. An even better source of expenses is the IREM expense books. They survey owners across the country to come up with typical expense for various regions. (Chicago and Texas have very different costs for snow removal for example)

Good Luck,

Ned Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment